Thursday 28 July 2011

Peace Camp


My kids went to Peace Camp this week. They have had a great time! I really appreciate what they have participated in. They have learned cooperative games in which everyone learns and works together rather than competitive games in which there is a winner and a loser. There is a Global Village that they create crafts. My son made a bird house yesterday and my daughter made a zen garden...It is so easy to make. You use an old tin or shoe box and fill it with a couple scoops of sand. Find three small rocks and use a plastic fork. You can draw the yin-yang sign or the peace sign on the box. The inside of the box reads, "Peace is in(breathe in) Peace is out (breathe out) My mind is filled (breathe in) with peace (breathe out) My mind feels light (breathe in) and free (breathe out). Love the message of this camp. Love the idea of teaching these concepts to the rising generations! Peace is spreading the light and hope of a better tomorrow. It is the purest essence of love for oneself and for humanity.

1 comment:

  1. Where was this camp? I'd love to look into it for next year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete